To start programming we need…
- the Dart Editor and
Dart Editor Installation
- Download the Dart Editor here.
- Unzip the downloaded files to your hard drive.
What’s Included with Dart Editor?
Starting Dart Editor
Start the Dart Editor by double-clicking the executable file in the installation folder.
Hello Dart Scenarios
- Download the the
hello_dart_scenarios.zipfile from Hello Dart Releases (use the latest version).
- Unzip the files to your computer.
- In Dart Editor: Click on File | Open Existing Folder…. Choose the
hello_dart_scenariosfolder that you have just unzipped.
- Use a double-click to open the file
my_player.dartfrom the subfolder
- Click the Run button .
The Chromium browser should now automatically open with the first scenario:
→ Continue with Part 1 to make your first steps in programming.
Planet Cute images by Daniel Cook (Lostgarden.com), published under CC BY 3.0.
Oleg Yadrov improved the “Planet Cute” images and was so kind to let me use them. The images were optimized with the great TexturePacker.